Admiral Markets ReviewCFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 81% of retail CFD accounts lose money You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
Traders choose Admiral Markets (Admirals) for its excellent investor education and advanced MetaTrader features — such as the Supreme add-ons — alongside an extensive range of shares, forex and CFD markets, and premium research content.
Tradeable Symbols (Total):
Admiral Markets pros & cons
- Admiral Markets stands out among the crowded field of MetaTrader-only brokers who offer few — if any — supplemental platform features.
- Offers StereoTrader dashboard for MetaTrader and Supreme suite of custom indicators.
- Premium Analytics features Dow Jones News, sentiment analysis from Acuity Trading, and Trading Central signals.
- Outstanding educational content — Admiral Markets is a top contender in this category in 2022.
- Regulated in Australia by ASIC, Cyprus by CySEC, the U.K. (by FCA), and Jordan (by JSC).
- 340 Admiral Markets staff serve over 48,000 clients, with more than $82 million in clients assets.
- Offers 8,425 tradeable symbols: 3,827 CFDs and 4,598 exchange-traded securities (non-CFD).
- Provides a unique set of volatility protection tools for managing risk.
- Competitive pricing for EUR/USD; the all-in cost for its commission-based account is 0.7 pips (after $6 fee).
- Admiral Prime account for MT5 offers a significantly narrower range of tradeable symbols.
- Admiral Markets AS is the sole liquidity provider (market-maker) for all its group companies.
- Spreads on the commission-free Trade account are in-line with the industry average of 0.8 pips for EUR/USD (based on July 2021 data).
- Maximum contract size limited to 100 lots on MT5 accounts — compared to 200 on MT4.
- The social trading feature is new to Admiral Markets, but doesn't yet stack up against competitors like eToro and ZuluTrade.
- Admiral Markets App is still relatively unsophisticated.
|Offering of Investments|
|Commissions & Fees|
|Platform & Tools|
ForexBrokers.com has been reviewing online forex brokers for over six years, and our reviews are the most cited in the industry. Each year, we collect thousands of data points and publish tens of thousands of words of research. Here's how we test.
Is Admiral Markets safe?
Admiral Markets is considered trusted, with an overall Trust Score of 87 out of 99. Admiral Markets is not publicly traded, does not operate a bank, and is authorised by two tier-1 regulators (high trust), two tier-2 regulators (average trust), and zero tier-3 regulators (low trust). Admiral Markets is authorised by the following tier-1 regulators: Australian Securities & Investment Commission (ASIC) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Learn more about Trust Score.
|Publicly Traded (Listed)||No|
2023 Review Methodology
At ForexBrokers.com, our reviews of online forex brokers and their products and services are based on our collected data as well as the observations and qualified opinions of our expert researchers. Each year we publish tens of thousands of words of research and detailed forex guides, and we monitor dozens of international regulator agencies (read more about how we calculate Trust Score here).
Our research team conducts thorough testing on a wide range of features, products, services, and tools (collecting and validating thousands of data points in the process). We test all available trading platforms for each broker – whether they are proprietary or come from third-party providers – and evaluate them based on a host of data-driven variables.
We also take an in-depth look at each broker’s commissions and fees, such as bid/ask spreads – including the average spread data for some of the most popular forex currency pairs. We research other trading costs, such as inactivity or custody fees, minimum deposit requirements, VIP rebates and/or discounts, and a range of other important fee-based data points.
Some of the other important research categories that are factored into our testing include mobile trading accessibility and capability, availability of market research and educational content, and each broker’s overall Trust Score.
Read our full explanation and accounting of our research and testing process to learn more about how we test.
ForexBrokers.com 2023 Annual Awards
For the ForexBrokers.com 2023 Annual Awards, brokers were evaluated against ForexBrokers.com’s 8 Primary Categories: Commissions & Fees, Offering of Investments, Platforms & Tools, Mobile Trading Apps, Research, Education, Trust Score, and Overall.
ForexBrokers.com also recognized brokers that demonstrated excellence and innovation with our exclusive Industry Awards. To see the complete list of Industry Award winners (and to learn more about our Annual Awards from our Director of Online Broker Research, Steven Hatzakis), check out our ForexBrokers.com Annual Awards page.
|Admiral Markets||Overall Rating||Offering of Investments||Commissions & Fees||Platforms & Tools||Research||Education||Mobile Trading Apps||Trust Score|
|Best in Class|
|Best in Class Streak|
Forex Risk Disclaimer
There is a very high degree of risk involved in trading securities. With respect to margin-based foreign exchange trading, off-exchange derivatives, and cryptocurrencies, there is considerable exposure to risk, including but not limited to, leverage, creditworthiness, limited regulatory protection and market volatility that may substantially affect the price, or liquidity of a currency or related instrument. It should not be assumed that the methods, techniques, or indicators presented in these products will be profitable, or that they will not result in losses. Read more on forex trading risks.
Popular Forex Guides
- Best Forex Brokers
- Best Forex Brokers for Beginners
- Best Forex Brokers for Copy Trading
- Best MetaTrader Brokers
- Best Forex Trading Apps
- Best Zero Spread Forex Brokers
- Compare Forex Brokers
Compare Admiral Markets
See how Admiral Markets stacks up against other brokers.
Compare Admiral Markets Competitors
Select one or more of these brokers to compare against Admiral Markets.Show all