HFM (HF Markets) ReviewCFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 71.37% of retail CFD accounts lose money. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
Alongside its enhanced MetaTrader offering and quality research, HFM (HF Markets), previously known as HotForex, offers a proprietary copy trading platform, HFcopy, and provides a decent selection of over 1,000 CFDs and 47 forex pairs. Still, trading costs at HFM are slightly above the industry average, and its HF mobile app does now support trading.
Minimum Initial Deposit:
Tradeable Symbols (Total):
HFM pros & cons
- Premium Trader Tools, developed by FX Blue Labs, enhance the default MetaTrader suite.
- HFM has struck a good balance of in-house market analysis, third-party research content, and news.
- In-house team produces special research reports including monthly, quarterly, and annual outlooks.
- Correlation and sentiment data is available on HFM's Traders Board module.
- The improved HFM app now supports trading of 1,200 markets.
- Recently introduced ability for traders to earn up to 3% interest on the unused margin in their account, as part of their Return on Free Margin (ROFM) offering.
- Despite a decent selection of videos, HFMs educational content has room to improve, such as adding more articles.
- Trading costs are slightly above the industry average — across all account types.
- HFM's copy trading platform, HFcopy, requires 300 EUR to follow (copy) existing strategies and is not as mature as eToro's offering.
|Offering of Investments|
|Commissions & Fees|
|Platform & Tools|
Is HFM safe?
HFM is considered average-risk, with an overall Trust Score of 85 out of 99. HFM is not publicly traded, does not operate a bank, and is authorised by one tier-1 regulator (high trust), three tier-2 regulators (average trust), and one tier-3 regulator (low trust). HFM is authorised by the following tier-1 regulators. Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Learn more about Trust Score.
|Publicly Traded (Listed)||No|
2022 Review Methodology
For our 2022 Forex Broker Review we assessed, rated, and ranked 39 international forex brokers over a three-month time period resulting in over 50,000 words of published research.
Each broker was graded on 113 different variables, including our proprietary Trust Score algorithm. This innovative scoring system ranks the level of trustworthiness for each broker based on factors such as licenses, regulation and corporate structure. Read about Trust Score here.
As part of our annual review process, all brokers had the opportunity to provide updates and key milestones and complete an in-depth data profile, which we hand-checked for accuracy.
Ultimately, our rigorous data validation process yields an error rate of less than .1% each year, providing site visitors with quality data they can trust. Learn more about how we test.
Forex Risk Disclaimer
There is a very high degree of risk involved in trading securities. With respect to margin-based foreign exchange trading, off-exchange derivatives, and cryptocurrencies, there is considerable exposure to risk, including but not limited to, leverage, creditworthiness, limited regulatory protection and market volatility that may substantially affect the price, or liquidity of a currency or related instrument. It should not be assumed that the methods, techniques, or indicators presented in these products will be profitable, or that they will not result in losses. Read more on forex trading risks.
Popular Forex Guides
- Best Forex Brokers
- Best Forex Brokers for Beginners
- Best Forex Brokers for Copy Trading
- Best MetaTrader Brokers
- Best Forex Trading Apps
- Best Zero Spread Forex Brokers
- Compare Forex Brokers
See out how HFM stacks up against other brokers.
Compare HFM Competitors
Select one or more of these brokers to compare against HFM.Show all