HFM (HF Markets) ReviewCFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 71.37% of retail CFD accounts lose money. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
Alongside its enhanced MetaTrader offering and quality research, HFM (HF Markets), previously known as HotForex, offers a proprietary copy trading platform, HFcopy, and provides a decent selection of over 1,000 CFDs and 47 forex pairs. Still, trading costs at HFM are slightly above the industry average, and its HFM mobile app does now support trading.
Tradeable Symbols (Total):
HFM pros & cons
- Premium Trader Tools, developed by FX Blue Labs, combined with signals via the Autochartist plugin enhance the default MetaTrader suite.
- Advanced Insights utilizes big data and AI to deliver sentiment analysis and other research tools.
- HFM has struck a good balance of in-house market analysis, third-party research content, and news headlines from FxStreet.
- In-house team produces special research reports including monthly, quarterly, and annual outlooks.
- Correlation and sentiment data is available on HFM's Traders Board module.
- The improved HFM app now supports trading of 1,200 markets.
- Recently introduced ability for traders to earn up to 3% interest on the unused margin in their account, as part of their Return on Free Margin (ROFM) offering.
- The myHF portal continues to improve with newly added features integrated across key categories.
- Offers indemnity insurance (civil liability) of up to five million euros from Lloyds Insurance, valid through June, 23rd 2023.
- No web app for trading besides the MetaTrader suite and HF Copy.
- HFM's educational content continues to to improve, but still trails behind industry leaders.
- Trading costs are slightly above the industry average — across all account types.
- HFM's copy trading platform, HFcopy, requires 300 EUR to follow (copy) existing strategies and is not as mature as eToro's offering.
- Charts on the HFM mobile app feature just 4 indicators (though mobile charts are otherwise fairly robust).
|Offering of Investments|
|Commissions & Fees|
|Platform & Tools|
ForexBrokers.com has been reviewing online forex brokers for over six years, and our reviews are the most cited in the industry. Each year, we collect thousands of data points and publish tens of thousands of words of research. Here's how we test.
Is HFM safe?
HFM is considered trusted, with an overall Trust Score of 85 out of 99. HFM is not publicly traded, does not operate a bank, and is authorised by one tier-1 regulator (high trust), three tier-2 regulators (average trust), and one tier-3 regulator (low trust). HFM is authorised by the following tier-1 regulators. Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Learn more about Trust Score.
Check out a video walkthrough of HFM’s UK MetaTrader 5 Desktop Platform:
|Publicly Traded (Listed)||No|
2023 Review Methodology
At ForexBrokers.com, our reviews of online forex brokers and their products and services are based on our collected data as well as the observations and qualified opinions of our expert researchers. Each year we publish tens of thousands of words of research and detailed forex guides, and we monitor dozens of international regulator agencies (read more about how we calculate Trust Score here).
Our research team conducts thorough testing on a wide range of features, products, services, and tools (collecting and validating thousands of data points in the process). We test all available trading platforms for each broker – whether they are proprietary or come from third-party providers – and evaluate them based on a host of data-driven variables.
We also take an in-depth look at each broker’s commissions and fees, such as bid/ask spreads – including the average spread data for some of the most popular forex currency pairs. We research other trading costs, such as inactivity or custody fees, minimum deposit requirements, VIP rebates and/or discounts, and a range of other important fee-based data points.
Some of the other important research categories that are factored into our testing include mobile trading accessibility and capability, availability of market research and educational content, and each broker’s overall Trust Score.
Read our full explanation and accounting of our research and testing process to learn more about how we test.
ForexBrokers.com 2023 Annual Awards
For the ForexBrokers.com 2023 Annual Awards, brokers were evaluated against ForexBrokers.com’s 8 Primary Categories: Commissions & Fees, Offering of Investments, Platforms & Tools, Mobile Trading Apps, Research, Education, Trust Score, and Overall.
ForexBrokers.com also recognized brokers that demonstrated excellence and innovation with our exclusive Industry Awards. To see the complete list of Industry Award winners (and to learn more about our Annual Awards from our Director of Online Broker Research, Steven Hatzakis), check out our ForexBrokers.com Annual Awards page.
|HFM||Overall Rating||Offering of Investments||Commissions & Fees||Platforms & Tools||Research||Education||Mobile Trading Apps||Trust Score|
|Best in Class|
|Best in Class Streak|
Forex Risk Disclaimer
There is a very high degree of risk involved in trading securities. With respect to margin-based foreign exchange trading, off-exchange derivatives, and cryptocurrencies, there is considerable exposure to risk, including but not limited to, leverage, creditworthiness, limited regulatory protection and market volatility that may substantially affect the price, or liquidity of a currency or related instrument. It should not be assumed that the methods, techniques, or indicators presented in these products will be profitable, or that they will not result in losses. Read more on forex trading risks.
Popular Forex Guides
- Best Forex Brokers
- Best Forex Brokers for Beginners
- Best Forex Brokers for Copy Trading
- Best MetaTrader Brokers
- Best Forex Trading Apps
- Best Zero Spread Forex Brokers
- Compare Forex Brokers
See how HFM stacks up against other brokers.
Compare HFM Competitors
Select one or more of these brokers to compare against HFM.Show all