XM Group ReviewCFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 78.28% of retail CFD accounts lose money. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
XM Group is a MetaTrader-only broker that offers an outstanding selection of high-quality educational content and market research.
That said, XM falls behind with its limited pricing, range of markets, and platform offering — none of which can compete with the best brokers in this space.
Minimum Initial Deposit:
Tradeable Symbols (Total):
XM pros & cons
- Offers 1,230 CFDs, including 57 forex pairs.
- Autochartist and Trading Central complement in-house research offering.
- The XM Shares account requires a $10,000 deposit if you want exchange-traded securities (non-CFD).
- Excellent research content that includes daily videos, podcasts, and organized articles.
- In-house broadcasting features TV-quality video content, and live recordings.
- A comprehensive selection of educational webinars, articles, and Tradepedia courses.
- Offers full MetaTrader suite — which features signals market for copy trading, along with Analyzzer algorithm.
- Standard account spreads are expensive compared to industry leaders.
- Average spreads are not published for the commission-based XM Zero account.
|Offering of Investments|
|Commissions & Fees|
|Platform & Tools|
Is XM Group safe?
XM Group is considered average-risk, with an overall Trust Score of 90 out of 99. XM Group is not publicly traded, does not operate a bank, and is authorised by two tier-1 regulators (high trust), two tier-2 regulators (average trust), and one tier-3 regulator (low trust). XM Group is authorised by the following tier-1 regulators: Australian Securities & Investment Commission (ASIC) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Learn more about Trust Score.
|Publicly Traded (Listed)||No|
2022 Review Methodology
For our 2022 Forex Broker Review we assessed, rated, and ranked 39 international forex brokers over a three-month time period resulting in over 50,000 words of published research.
Each broker was graded on 113 different variables, including our proprietary Trust Score algorithm. This innovative scoring system ranks the level of trustworthiness for each broker based on factors such as licenses, regulation and corporate structure. Read about Trust Score here.
As part of our annual review process, all brokers had the opportunity to provide updates and key milestones and complete an in-depth data profile, which we hand-checked for accuracy.
Ultimately, our rigorous data validation process yields an error rate of less than .1% each year, providing site visitors with quality data they can trust. Learn more about how we test.
Forex Risk Disclaimer
There is a very high degree of risk involved in trading securities. With respect to margin-based foreign exchange trading, off-exchange derivatives, and cryptocurrencies, there is considerable exposure to risk, including but not limited to, leverage, creditworthiness, limited regulatory protection and market volatility that may substantially affect the price, or liquidity of a currency or related instrument. It should not be assumed that the methods, techniques, or indicators presented in these products will be profitable, or that they will not result in losses. Read more on forex trading risks.
Popular Forex Guides
- Best Forex Brokers
- Best Forex Brokers for Beginners
- Best Forex Brokers for Copy Trading
- Best MetaTrader Brokers
- Best Forex Trading Apps
- Best Zero Spread Forex Brokers
- Compare Forex Brokers
Compare XM Group
See out how XM Group stacks up against other brokers.
Compare XM Group Competitors
Select one or more of these brokers to compare against XM Group.Show all