ADS Securities Review
By Steven Hatzakis
February 18th, 2019
Last Updated: March 21st, 2019
The ForexBrokers.com Annual Review (3 years running) is among the most cited in the industry. Our Head of Research, Steven Hatzakis, is frequently referenced as a leading analyst covering forex brokers and cryptocurrency. Learn more.
Founded in 2011 in Abu Dhabi with $400 million in initial capital, ADSS (Formerly ADS Securities) has since developed into a global brand, with regulated entities in Hong Kong, the United Kingdom (UK), and the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
ADSS caters to retail traders through its ADSS brand in the UK for EU Citizens, and ADS Prime in the UAE for clients in the Gulf and other countries, whereas clients in Asia can choose the firm’s Hong Kong entity, with support in Singapore giving the firm good regional coverage across EURASIA.
Forex and CFD traders choose ADSS for its range of markets, services, regulatory statuses, and MT4 alongside OREX platform account offerings, quality customer service, and the broker’s VIP client experience.
- Competitive commission rates for active forex traders.
- Regulated in several major regulatory hubs.
- Low margin rates.
- OREX web platform based on HTML 5.
- OREX desktop requires outdated Silverlight plugin.
- Higher spreads on non-commission accounts.
Trading with a forex broker traders can trust is crucial to success. Unfortunately, forex fraud and scams are common in the industry. To help investors find trustworthy brokers, we have created a proprietary 1-100 score (the higher the better), which we call Trust Score.
|Publicly-Traded Company (Listed)||No|
|Regulated in Major Hub||Yes|
|Regulated in Emerging Hub||Yes|
|Authorised in the European Union||Yes|
Commissions & Fees
ADSS commissions and fees vary depending on the account type established, and the range of account types that are available vary depending on the ADS brand that you choose, which is often based on location and the applicable regulatory jurisdiction.
- For example, from its UAE-based hub, ADSS offers two accounts: Classic, and Elite. The Classic version had its minimum deposit reduced to $100, making it more affordable for the most conservative traders, yet carries higher spreads than the Elite account type.
- In the Classic account, target spreads drop to 1.6 pips on the EUR/USD, whereas ADSS’s most competitive offering is the Elite account, akin to a VIP-style account, which requires a $200,000 deposit and comes with perks beyond discounted spreads.
- The Classic account provides access to the OREX platform and MT4, while the Lite account does not.
- The account options at the firm’s Abu Dhabi-based entity are similar to the UK, except instead of the Prime Gold account, there is a Prime Elite account. Also similar to the UK, its other two basic account types have target spreads of 1.6 -2.4 pips on the EUR/USD, making it an expensive option.
- Without ADSS publishing what its average forex spreads are, it’s not possible to make a level comparison with firms that do publish their figures. This is something the broker could benefit from, as its commissions and fees appear competitive in the ECN Prime account.
|Minimum Initial Deposit||£100|
|Average Spread EUR/USD - Standard||N/A|
|All-in Cost EUR/USD - Active||N/A|
|Active Trader or Premium/VIP||Yes|
Platforms & Tools
ADS Securities goes beyond the normal MetaTrader-only broker to customize its offering by providing add-ons as well as Autochartist and VPS hosting.
- ADSS’ flagship OREX web platform has a greater product range compared to its MT4 platform offering and is simple, minimalistic, and generally easy to navigate.
- Apart from OREX, ADSS is predominantly a MetaTrader broker when it comes to its retail offering, and the firm provides several add-ons to help enhance the MetaTrader 4 (MT4) platform beyond its default settings.
- While the firm also offers OREX Optim, a desktop version of the platform, it relies on Silverlight, which is an outdated plugin, making it inaccessible to download using mainstream browsers. As a result, I do not recommend the Orex Optim desktop version.
- The extras offered for MT4 at ADSS are comparable to what Admiral Markets and Pepperstone give in terms of the add-on from third-party developer FX Blue LLP, which comes with a good range of premium trading tools such as extra custom indicators and widgets to help complement the default version of MT4.
- Best Forex Trading Platforms 2019
- Best FX Brokers for Copy Trading 2019
- Best MetaTrader Brokers 2019
|Virtual Trading (Demo)||Yes|
|Desktop Platform (Windows)||Yes|
|Social Trading / Copy-Trading||Yes|
|Charting - Indicators / Studies (Total)||51|
|Charting - Drawing Tools (Total)||31|
|Charting - Trade From Chart||Yes|
|Watchlists - Total Fields||7|
|Order Type - Trailing Stop||Yes|
To score Customer Service, ForexBrokers.com partnered with customer experience research group Customerwise to conduct phone tests from locations throughout the UK. For our 2019 Review, 229 customer service tests were conducted over six weeks.
- Average Connection Time: <1 minute
- Average Net Promoter Score: 8.1 / 10
- Average Professionalism Score: 5.9 / 10
- Overall Score: 7.6 / 10
- Ranking: 3rd (23 brokers)
- View Infographic
ADS Securities has a good variety of research content across its website and trading platform, ranging from sentiment widgets to earnings calendars, in addition to industry-standard news from top-tier providers such as the Dow Jones.
- ADSS streams content from third-party aggregators, and creates its own in-house daily video market updates covering technical and fundamental analysis made available within the platform.
- ADSS also offers a social copy-trading platform, charging a 20% incentive fee – comparable to a hedge fund fee structure, available on its Prime Classic account. It also provides traders with additional research-type tools when it comes to finding trading opportunities.
|Daily Market Commentary||Yes|
|Forex News (Top-Tier Sources)||Yes|
|Trading Central (Recognia)||No|
|Social Trading / Copy-Trading||Yes|
|Social Sentiment - Currency Pairs||Yes|
Besides the native MT4 mobile app, ADSS offers its proprietary OREX platform for mobile Android and iOS devices. Our testing focused on the OREX mobile app.
- The OREX mobile app contains general and economic news together with an earnings calendar – all matching the web version.
- Charting includes 70 indicators and 25 candlestick patterns, which nearly matches the web-based version of OREX.
- Beyond research and a robust watchlist, the rest of the OREX mobile app is light on features.
|Apple iOS App||Yes|
|Trading - Forex||Yes|
|Trading - CFDs||Yes|
|Alerts - Basic Fields||Yes|
|Watch List Syncing||No|
|Charting - Indicators / Studies||30|
|Charting - Draw Trend Lines||Yes|
|Charting - Trend Lines Moveable||Yes|
|Charting - Multiple Time Frames||Yes|
|Charting - Drawings Autosave||No|
Offering of Investments
The following table summarizes the different investment products available to ADSS clients.
|Currency Pairs (Total Forex pairs)||65|
|CFDs - Total Offered||2200|
|Cryptocurrency traded as actual||No|
|Cryptocurrency traded as CFD||Yes|
With the OREX platform suite serving as a good foundation for the company’s retail trading platform, ADS Securities goes beyond the typical MetaTrader brokerage by offering extra add-ons for MT4, and provides forex traders over 60 currency pairs and 2200 CFDs.
ADSS can be a great choice for active forex traders and those with large balances, such as professional day traders and high net worth clients due to the VIP-style account offerings and related perks. Just keep in mind that the choice of where you can open an account may be limited by your location.
Forex Risk Disclaimer
"There is a very high degree of risk involved in trading securities. With respect to margin-based foreign exchange trading, off-exchange derivatives, and cryptocurrencies, there is considerable exposure to risk, including but not limited to, leverage, creditworthiness, limited regulatory protection and market volatility that may substantially affect the price, or liquidity of a currency or related instrument. It should not be assumed that the methods, techniques, or indicators presented in these products will be profitable, or that they will not result in losses." Learn more.